D. Harrison Agency Blog
Have you ever had that moment where you opened your room and you got inside, you looked around and saw nothing but a mess? Have you ever wished that your room were larger?
Well, that is possible, even without any renovation.
This article will help you do that with optical illusion.
1. Use of light colors - It is a known fact that using light colors make the room bigger and brighter. There is a certain feeling of having bigger and airy space when you use light colors in a wall. Suggested colors to use for the best outcome are soft tones of off-white, blue and green.
2. Lighting - Letting natural lights to get inside the room makes the room look larger. If your room has access to natural light, use sheer window curtains, to allow more light in.
If you do not have access to natural light, the creative effects of lighting fixture will surely help ame the room look bigger.
3. Keep your Room Tidy - organize things inside your room. Disarrayed things inside your room will really make you feel confined and uncomfortable.
Do not put too many decorations on the wall. Avoid putting a lot of pictures on them. Choose one large painting instead putting smalls ones all over.
Create a focal point inside the room, one area or feature that will draw the eye. Keep the floor clean as it gives and maintain spaciousness.
4. Mirrors - if you place a mirror in the right manner and position, this will make your room look bigger.
Also, it reflects both natural and artificial light to make the room brighter any time of the day.
You can also try placing a mirror near a window to reflect the outdoors. This is very effective.
5. Maximize Space - since furniture sometimes eat up a lot of space in a room. To avoid that, you can use multi-functional furnitures, such as sofa that can be transformed into a bed at night.
You can place larger furniture against the wall to avoid open space. Tall furniture are can make the ceiling appear lower. Move furniture out and away from walkways, to open up the space and make the room feel larger.
Renovation isn’t always the solution for a room to get the look of being a larger and brighter. Sometimes, it is just a matter of looking into things that you can use to create a brighter effect in your room. At D. Harrison Agency, we aim to provide comprehensive insurance policies that makes your life easier. You can get more information about our products and services by calling our agency at (410) 559-5630. Get your free quote today by CLICKING HERE.